Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Butterscotch Buttons Scarf

 

I have fallen completely in love with this scarf! Because it is so wide you can wear it like a shawlette, and I’m not even a shawlette kind of girl! The color is absolutely gorgeous, unfortunately I could not convince my camera to do it justice. This scarf offers a perfect amount of versatile warmth that works well on crisp fall days. Drape it over your shoulders for a bit of extra warmth during the day, then bunch it up around your neck with a jacket when the temperatures drop in the evening.

One note about the yarn that I used here. I bought this yarn at a yard sale and the previous owner had removed the labels. I am pretty sure that it is Caron Simply Soft based on it’s feel, look etc. One skein was full, and one skein had been partially used. I weighed it and found that I had about 4 oz in the partial skein. A full skein of Caron SS is 6 oz. Thus my pattern calls for 10 oz. yarn but if you have two full skeins, go ahead and use them! I wanted to write the pattern as I worked it for the sample shown but I did include instructions for using the full skein. (I personally would have preferred having 2 full skeins for this but it is what it is.)  Also, the color. I’m guessing it is Gold but it could also be Sunshine.

Enough of all that, let’s get to making!  My scarf measures 12″ wide by 6 feet long.

Supplies
Approx. 10 oz of Caron Simply Soft (Gold?)  Or just go for two full skeins. 🙂
J/10 6mm Hook

Stitches used
Chain (ch)
Double Crochet (dc)
Foundation Double Crochet (fdc)
Double Crochet 4 Together (dc4tog)

R1) Fdc 217 (or multiple of 6 plus 1), ch 4, turn.
R2) Skip first 3 stitches, work 4 dc into next stitch. [Ch 1, skip 2 stitches, dc into next stitch. Ch 1, skip next two stitches, work 4 dc into next stitch.] Repeat [] across, ending with ch 1, skip 2 stitches, and dc into last stitch. Ch 5, turn.
R3) [Work dc4tog into the 4 dc cluster from the previous row. Ch 2, dc into next dc. Ch 2.] Repeat [] across, ending with ch 2 and dc into 3’rd ch of turning ch from previous row. Ch 3, turn.
R4) Dc into first stitch. [Ch 1, dc into dc4tog cluster. Ch 1, work 4 dc into next dc.] Repeat [] across, ending with ch 1, and 2 dc worked into 3’rd ch of turning ch from previous row. Ch 3, turn.
R5) Dc in second dc. Ch 2, dc into next dc, ch 2. [Dc4tog in next 4 dc, ch 2, dc into next dc, ch 2] Repeat [] across, ending with dc in last dc, and dc in top of turning ch from previous row. Ch 4, turn.
R6-19) Repeat rows 2-5. For last row of pattern, ch 3, turn. (If working with 2 full skeins of yarn, you should have enough to work an additional 2 rows of the pattern.)
R20) Dc across, working 2 dc in each ch 2 space, and 1 dc in each dc or dc4tog. (In the ch spaces, I worked the dc into the back loops of the chains. You can work them however you like, I chose to do them this way because it gave the row a bit more height.) Finish off, weave in ends.

You may not reproduce or copy my pattern or images in any way. You may link to my pattern from another site. You may sell items made from my pattern as long as you give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment