Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Silver Blue Cables Scarf

 


Well, we are finally having a snow day here in the Valley.  I baked a fresh apple pie to celebrate and so far have only eaten two pieces.  What, it’s fruit, right?

When I saw this yarn at Michael’s, I immediately fell in love with the color and had to have it.  I envisioned something a little chunky, with a bit of a cable, but not too much.  This is what I came up with.

You can choose whether or not you want the fringe.  I decided to add it because this is a chevron type stitch, and I wanted a straight edge on my scarf.  The fringe helps to hide the chevrons and create that straight edge look.


My finished scarf measures 9 1/2″ wide by 75″ long, not including the fringe.

Supplies
(3) skeins of Vanna’s Choice (3.5 oz./170 yd.) in Silver Blue
J/10 6mm hook

Stitches used
Chain (ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Front Post Double Crochet (fpdc)
Back Post Double Crochet (bpdc)

Ch 46
R1) Work 2 dc in 5’th ch from hook. Ch 1, skip 2 chains, dc in next ch. [Ch 1, skip 1 ch, dc in next ch.] Repeat [] once. Skip next 2 chains, dc in next 2 chains. Skip next 2 chains, dc in next ch. Repeat [] twice. Ch 1, skip 1 ch, 2 dc in next ch. Ch 2, 2 dc in next ch. Repeat [] 3 times. Skip next two chains, dc in next two chains. Skip next 2 chains, dc in next ch. Repeat [] twice. Ch 1, skip 1 ch, work 2 dc, ch 1, 1 dc in last ch. Ch 4, turn.
R2) 2 dc in first ch 1 space. [Ch 1, skip one, dc in next stitch.] Repeat [] twice. Skip next ch and dc, fpdc in next two dc. Skip next dc and ch 1, dc in next dc. Repeat [] twice. Ch 1, skip 1. In ch 2 space work 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc. Repeat [] 3 times. Skip next ch and dc, fpdc in next two dc. Skip next dc and ch 1, dc in next dc. Repeat [] 2 times. Ch 1, skip 1, in top of turning ch work 2 dc, ch 1, 1 dc. Ch 4, turn.
R3) Repeat row 2, but replace fpdc stitches with bpdc.
Continue working rows 2 and 3 until desired length is reached.
Ch 1, turn so you are working up the long side of the scarf. Sc 2 into each dc/turning ch along length of scarf. Finish off.
On opposite long end, join yarn at one end and work 2 sc into each dc/turning ch, same as first side. Finish off.
Attach fringe to short ends of scarf. I made my fringe 4″ long from longest point. The easiest way to get all the fringe to match is to add longer pieces in the valleys of the row and shorter pieces in the peaks of the row. Then I laid all the fringe flat on a cutting board and used a rotary cutter and ruler to trim everything even.

You may not reproduce or copy my pattern or images in any way. You may link to my pattern from another site. You may sell items made from my pattern as long as you give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment