Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

One Skein Alice Blue Scarf

 

Today’s scarf is named for a very dear friend of mine.  When I was making this scarf, she saw me working on it and fell in love.  Blue, especially this rich shade of blue, is her favorite color.  As I was thinking about what to name this scarf, I thought about her, and how much she liked it, and decided to name it for her.

Alice Blue works up lengthwise and has a lacey look to the stitch that is quite elegant.

My scarf measures 8″ wide and 60″ long.

Supplies
J/10 6mm hook
1 skein Caron Simply Soft in Celestial (or 6 oz./315 yds of worsted weight yarn)

Stitches used
Chain (ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Foundation Double Crochet (fdc)

R1) Fdc 217 (multiple of 6 plus 1), ch 1, turn.
R2) Sc in the first stitch, [ch 4, skip 2 stitches, sc in the next stitch]. Repeat [] across. Ch 5, turn.
R3) Sc in the first ch 4 space. [Ch 4, sc in the next ch 4 space.} Repeat across to last ch 4 space. Ch 2, dc in the starting sc of the previous row. Ch 1, turn.
R4) Sc in the dc from previous row. [Ch 4, sc in the ch 4 space.] Repeat [] across, ending with a sc in the turning ch 5 of the previous row. Ch 3, turn.
R5) Work 3 dc into each ch 4 space across. Ch 3, turn.
R6) Dc in the second st, ch 1, skip the next st. [Dc in the next 2 stitches, ch 1, skip the next stitch.] Repeat [] across, ending with a dc in the turning ch of the previous row. Ch 3, turn.
R7) Skip first stitch, dc into each stitch and ch across. Ch 1, turn.
R8-13) Repeat rows 2-7.
R14-17) Repeat rows 2-5.
Finish off, weave in ends.

You may not reproduce or copy my pattern or images in any way. You may link to my pattern from another site. You may sell items made from my pattern as long as you give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment