Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

The Lacy Hat

 


As much as I like designing patterns, sometimes I just want to whip up something that someone else has already figured out. Enter this hat. I found a pattern that I liked and that looked like it would be fairly quick to stitch. I noticed there were some comments on the gauge of the pattern, so I stitched and checked and everything seemed right on. Well, it wasn’t. A good half way through the hat, and it was just too small. I frogged, went with a bigger hook, tried again, and no. Then I decided to read the comments that people had left on the pattern, and it appears that I was not alone. It was a lovely hat, and whatever she did obviously worked for the designer, but it just wasn’t going to work for me. Since I was already in hat mode, I decided to keep playing with the yarn that I had frogged and see what I could come up with. And the “Lacy” Hat was born.

K/7mm Hook
2 oz. Worsted Weight yarn

Stitches used:
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitch (sl st)
Single Crochet (sc)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Front Post Double Crochet (fpdc)

Ch 10.
Hdc in back loop of third chain from hook and each ch across. Ch 2, turn.
Hdc in back loop of second stitch from hook and each stitch across, including the top of the turning ch, ch 2, turn. (9 stitches)
Repeat for a total of 36 rows. Un-stretched, this should measure 16″ to 17″ long x 2 1/2″ wide.
Join short ends with a sl st across.
R1) Ch 1, turn work so you are now working into the ends of the rows. Sc 3 stitches for every two rows around. (54 stitches) Join with sl st to beginning sc.
R2) Ch 2, dc in same stitch. Skip two stitches, work 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc in next stitch. Skip next two stitches, dc in next stitch. Repeat around, ending with 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc. Skip last two stitches and join with a sl st to beginning stitch.
R3-7) Ch 2, fpdc in first dc, in ch 1 space work 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc. Repeat around. Join with sl st to beginning st.
R8)  Ch 2, fpdc in first stitch, in ch 1 space work 1 dc, ch 1, 1dc. Repeat around. Join with sl st to beginning stitch.
R9)  Ch 2, fpdc in first stitch, dc in ch 1 space. Repeat around. Join with sl st to beginning stitch.
R10)  Ch 2, Fpdc in first stitch, skip next stitch, fpdc in next stitch. Repeat around. Join with sl st to beginning stitch.
Finish off, leaving a long tail of yarn. Thread needle with yarn, stitch evenly around and pull up yarn to close hole. Pull yarn to inside, tie tight and weave in ends.

You may not reproduce or copy my pattern or images in any way. You may link to my pattern from another site. You may sell items made from my pattern as long as you give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment