Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Just Hatched C2C Baby Blanket

 


How absolutely cute is this for a newborn?  While this blanket does have a “spring chicken” or Easter vibe to it I think it would be fun for anytime of the year.  Make it along with my Bunny Pillow for a baby animals theme in a nursery.

I found the basis for this graph while I was looking around on pinterest.  I think it was being used as a cross stitch pattern but had originated as a perler bead pattern.  I thought with a few adjustments it would be adorable as a baby blanket.

If anyone is interested in written directions along with the graph please let me know in the comments. Otherwise it may or may not happen. 🙂 My blanket measures approximately 36″ square.

I was using up some partial skeins when I made this blanket so the yarn amounts given are estimates but they should be ample for making this blanket. I used mostly Red Heart brand yarn.  I used soft yellow for the flower centers.  You could also use the same bright yellow as the chick and it would work fine.

Supplies
Worsted weight yarn:
1 oz. each of black, orange, lavender, aqua, pink, and soft yellow
5 oz. each of green, white, and bright yellow
16 oz. of blue
J/6mm hook
The graph  (To print the graph, click on the icon at the bottom of the screen to hide the right hand column.  Then click the icon next to it to fit to full page.  Then use your computers print option to print.)

If the above link doesn’t work, try this one.

To work a c2c graph, print it out and then use a ruler to draw a diagonal line across each row as you work it.  I also found it helpful to write in the numbers in each square when there were color changes.

For the border I worked one round of sc, working 3 sc into the edge of each square and an extra sc at each corner. I then worked a round of dc, working an extra dc at each corner, and then finished with a round of sc, again with an extra sc at each corner.

You may not reproduce or copy my pattern or images in any way. You may link to my pattern from another site. You may sell items made from my pattern as long as you give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment