Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Furniture Makeovers with Chalk Paint

 (Originally published March 17, 2018)  I’ve been busy chalk painting several pieces of furniture lately. My living room has been filled with drop cloths and the smell of paint! I thought I’d share some of what I’ve done.

The desk.  Not so pretty in its original state but nothing a little paint and new hardware couldn’t fix.  I’ve been noticing that brass is back, and I decided this desk was a good opportunity to try out this new/old trend. My dear friend Alice sells lovely replica hardware in her shop, and it made this desk look amazing! Check out her website.

I did love the old hardware that was on this desk, but it was broken and missing.  I could have ordered the same hardware through my friend, but I wanted instant gratification, plus I already had another look in mind.  Don’t worry, I salvaged what I could for a future project.

All in all, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.  Somebody else must have been pretty happy with it too, because I sold it the day after I put it in my shop!

 

Next up is the chest of drawers.

This piece I bought specifically for the hardware.  How cool are those pulls!

Of course, then I faced the dilemma of what color to paint to go with those pulls (because, yes, it needed painting!)  It just so happened I had this  gray/green in my paint stash, and it was perfect!  Check out how well it brings out those pulls, with just one coat.

Another piece that I am really happy with.

Last but not least, the dry sink.  This one I have had for a bit, and I liked it in it’s natural wood, but there was what appeared to be water staining on the side.   There was no damage to the structure of the piece, just the cosmetics of it.

Again, paint to the rescue!  For now, this piece has found a happy home in my house.  I had been wanting a piece to put beside my front door, and this one fits perfectly.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest furniture adventures.  Stay tuned for some more crochet patterns coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment