Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Jiffy Cowl

 

The Jiffy Cowl is so named because not only can it be worked up “in a jiffy”, but it also uses Jiffy yarn by Lion Brand. Even better, it only uses one! 3 oz. skein. The end result is a soft, comfortable cowl that still manages to have a bit of a structured look.

My mom gave me these skeins of yarn and they were all autumn colors but I think they would look great in any color.  Hey, they are fast and easy, go ahead and get a couple of different colors to try!

Stitches used
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitch (sl st)
Single Crochet (sc)
Double Crochet (dc)

Cowl measures 28 inches around by 7 1/2 inches wide.

1 Skein Jiffy yarn by Lion Brand (#5 bulky, 3 oz. skein)
7 mm hook

Ch 80, join with sl st to beginning chain.
R1) Ch 1, sc in back bump of each chain around. Join with sl st to beginning stitch.
R2) Ch 2, dc in same stitch. [Skip next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch.] Repeat between [] around, ending with a skipped stitch. Join with a sl st to beginning chain.
R3) Ch 1, sc in each stitch around. Join with sl st to beginning stitch.
R4-15) Repeat rows 2 and 3, ending with row 3. Finish off, weave in ends.

You may not reproduce or copy my pattern or images in any way. You may link to my pattern from another site. You may sell items made from my pattern as long as you give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment